What is Happiness?
Happiness is a mental or emotional state of well-being defined by positive or pleasant emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy. Happy mental states may also reflect judgments by a person about their overall well-being.
Take a moment and ask yourself, if you are not happy, are you living a balanced and healthy life? Can happiness be an indicator of over-all wellness? While happiness is a crucial pillar in the foundation for health, unlike some of the other pillars, it is of a more subjective nature.
- Why do some people seem so happy and some seem so miserable…Is it external or internal influences?
- Can it be as simple as a person making the choice to be happy?
- How do I know if I am happy?
- What does it even mean to be happy?
- Can I really tell if other people are happy? Does it even matter?
How to Measure Happiness
Psychologists have been trying to configure a way to measure a person’s happiness. If interested, one can take a “Happiness Quiz.”
International Day of Happiness
We at HealthQuest are happy to be partners in the worldwide movement to spread happiness to all. UN resolution 66/281 establishes the International Day of Happiness as March 20th every year, recognizing the pursuit of happiness as a fundamental human right and goal, and universal aspiration in the lives of all human beings.
For any questions or further inquiries on how to become an official International Day of Happiness Global Badging Partner, please contact email@example.com.
Seven Habits of Happy People
Finding happiness is not easy because let’s face it, sometimes life is difficult. Yet, so many people that have experienced tragedy and despair still look at life with happiness and gratitude. According to the website, PursuitOfHappiness.org, there are seven characteristics that happy people exhibit. Following these habits can start a person down the path of happiness and overall wellness on this journey we call life.
- Acts of Kindness
- Exercise and Physical Wellbeing
- Spiritual Engagement and Meaning
- Strengths and Virtues
- Positive Mindset: Optimism,Mindfullness and Gratitude
- My Mood Tracker – practicing mindfulness – Apple only
- Happier – gratitude journal – Apple / Android
- Live Happy – daily activities – Apple / Android
- Happy Habits – choosing happiness – Android only
- Mind shift – shifting anxiety and fear – Apple / Android
- Track Your Happiness – Apple only